The Gift of Technology
Published on: May 19th, 2015
|When consumers ponder holiday shopping opportunities, most of us think about the retail holiday madness that begins the day after Thanksgiving. Remember the frenzied competition of shopping at those big mall sales and triumphantly carrying overflowing shopping bags back to the car? Perhaps Cyber Monday is a more appealing memory if you are a devotee of convenient online shopping. Who can forget Valentine’s Day? That’s a holiday that grabs its fair share of retail love with all that money spent on flowers, candy and romantic dinners.|
Technology Gifts for Moms, Dads and Grads!
Yet when we are thinking about holiday shopping, let’s not overlook May and June. These months garner a good deal of retail attention with the triple whammy of Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and Graduation Day. With a sizable array of gifting options, technology seems to be an absolute surefire winner for any mom, dad or grad.
Now that you have been reminded about these May and June holidays, do you feel that you will be shopping under pressure? Not to worry, CT Business Solutions is here for you! Let’s peruse the basic consumer technology categories and consider the options for a perfect gift:
· Time to Update That PC to Something Smaller? If you are considering a serious purchase, then how about Microsoft’s Surface 3? It has been deemed a winner that you should consider as a replacement to your PC or large laptop. The HP Omen is a very popular, yet basic workhorse that is also good for gaming. Coming in under 5 pounds, it is light but still very powerful. The HP Stream 11 is a super affordable mini-laptop that covers the basics plus has a very long-lasting battery.
· Thinking about a Handy Tablet? Microsoft’s Surface Pro 3 has also received rave reviews and is considered the first tablet capable of fully replacing the laptop. If your gift recipient is an Android fan, grab the Google Nexus 9, which is considered one of the best tablets on the market for speed and platform. The Lenova Yoga Tablet 2 utilizes a cool device called AnyPen that enables the user to jot down notes on the tablet with a digital pen. If the recipient is a bit accident prone, Sony’s Xperia Z4 road warrior tablet can take a licking and keep on ticking!
· You Can Never Go Wrong with a New Smartphone! So many Smartphones, so little time. The top choices of the moment are the new Samsung Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy Note 4. If Apple remains your favorite, the iPhone 6 is great. Both the S6 and the iPhone 6 have totally stepped it up with incredible cameras, slim and trim designs coupled with great processing power. If you are on a cost-conscious budget, think about the HTC One M9 or Motorola’s Moto E – both are good products at very good prices.
· Get It On with a Smartwatch or Activity Tracker! Trying to send a message to a family member about their wavering commitment to health and fitness? Who wouldn’t appreciate a cool gift such as the Fitbit Charge HR, Jawbone UP3 or Apple’s Watch Sport? If you are considering a Smartwatch, Apple’s Smartwatch is a crowd pleaser. Also, take a look at Moto 360 that runs on Android. Another popular choice is the Pebble or Pebble Steel that runs on both iOS and Android. What’s not to love about that?
· Listen Up with Headphones and Bluetooth! When it comes to headphones, Sennheiser Momentum is a top of the line selection. Quiet Comfort 25 noise cancelling headphones from Bose always make a welcome addition to anyone’s tech treasure chest. Plus, Bose also sells SoundLink Bluetooth headphones and speakers. LG’s Tone Infinim Bluetooth earbuds are also a terrific selection. If you are considering Bluetooth speakers, then look for good choices from Bose, Sony, UE Megaboom, Jawbone and Logitech.
· Picture This! If mom, dad or grad wants a camera in addition to their Smartphone, there are a number of cool digital options. GoPro offers fun devices such as the Hero4Silver. Sony’s Action Cam Mini offers great video quality in a tiny package that can also be easily mounted. For a camera that’s a step up from the point and shoot, Nikon’s D3300 is not only terrific but also affordable. Sony offers the Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 and the Alpha A600 – both great options for people wanting to step up their level of photographic artistry.
· Let Me Entertain You! Another thoughtful gift is Google’s Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player. What could be nicer than enjoying your favorite online movies, tv shows, music, websites and photographs via your TV? Forget about crowding around that tiny screen. Simply plug it into any HDTV and control your entertainment from your Smartphone, tablet or laptop. This is a cool gift that the entire family will enjoy. Just try not to look to self-serving when you buy it for your dad on Father’s Day!
|Shopping Around for New Technology?
If it’s a new laptop for a job-seeking graduate or a computer upgrade for your business, there are a multitude of choices. If you need guidance with choices in technology, don’t hesitate to contact your local CT Business Solutions office. One of their technology professionals will be happy to help you.
You might also like
With an evolving business comes expanding technological needs. If your business is sending you any of these signs that it’s time to update your technology.