Top 10 Network Security Threats
With cyber threats more common than ever, there have to be certain ways around the disasters some of us are forced to encounter. One researcher at Fortinet, a network security software provider, offered his observations on the top 10 threats that can harm networks from the inside and ways to combat them.
According to the researchers, the top 10 internal network vulnerabilities are:
- USB drives Laptops and netbooks
- Wireless access points
- Miscellaneous USB devices (digital cameras, MP3 players, etc.)
- Employees borrowing others’ machines or devices
- the Trojan Human (attackers who visit sites disguised as employee personnel or contractors)
- Optical media (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
- Lack of employee alertness
Looking for more info on how you can learn more about the network security threats that will effect your home or office computer? Check out our network security systems services.