Maintain a Healthy Heart with Wearable Fitness Technology
February is the perfect time to think about your heart because it contains both Valentine’s Day and American Heart Month. We aren’t going to comment on the romantic pursuits of your heart, but Computer Troubleshooters does have a few tips on how wearable fitness technology can help you keep your heart healthy.
Wearable fitness technology has become one of the hottest new trends. Microsoft, Apple, Intel, Google, numerous device and app makers plus clothing companies like Nike and Under Armour are all contributing innovative new health-focused products. Google and Apple are unveiling services that will allow users to collect their health data in one location. Walgreens will begin receiving fitness tracking data that can be transferred into reward points for purchases at their drugstores.
Here is a short list of wearable fitness technology that will help you monitor your heart health:
- Jawbone Up is a great fitness tracker that offers comfort and style. Affordably priced at around $99, it’s an easy to use tracker that counts steps, sleep and calories. This device is water-resistant and syncs with iPhones and Androids via Bluetooth. Click here to learn more about Jawbone Up.
- Fitbit Charge HR is the latest addition to Fitbit’s products. The Charge HR wristband offers continuous 24 hour monitoring of your heart rate. Even when you are sleeping! It focuses on heart health and activity and like its Fitbit predecessor, Charge HR syncs to your phone. Charge HR is priced around $150. Click here to learn more about Fitbit’s heart monitoring device.
- Garmin Forerunner 15 is an excellent watch-like device for casual runners. It combines features of a GPS running watch and an activity tracker. It comes in a variety of colors and also offers a version with a heart-rate monitor. The combination of a GPS and heart-rate monitoring makes this a popular device. The Forerunner15 connects to both a Mac and a PC and is priced around $140. Click here to learn more about the Garmin Forerunner 15.
- Pebble Watch is a popular waterproof device that runs a load of apps and works with both iOS and Android phones. This new version has been seriously upgraded by a major software update and the new app store is great. Health and heart monitoring apps are available through their app store with many available at no cost. Some techies think that this is the best smart watch on the market. The price is around $150, with the Pebble Steel version costing about $250. Click here to learn more about Pebble and Pebble Steel.
- Microsoft Band tracks workouts, steps, runs, calories, heart rates and sleep. It also includes some smart watch functionality and has a customizable screen. It also features GPS functions that are great for runners, plus there is a work-out coaching system on the wristband. The Microsoft Band is priced around $200. Click here to learn more about the Microsoft Band.
Stay Heart Healthy!
Computer Troubleshooters is here to assure you that technology can really help you manage your fitness and heart health. If you need further computer assistance, please contact your local Computer Troubleshooters office. One of their technology professionals will be happy to help you.